Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Status Report

I had a really bad 24 hours starting Monday night and it felt great to wake up this morning feeling renewed and not upset with the situation. Yes, I still want him to call me and declare his undying love (delusional, I know) but at least I wasn't waking up all but in tears because he had not.

While I am sure that the few glasses (OK, fine. bottle) of wine I had last night didn't hurt to wash away how I was feeling, catching up with my friend Cari really helped.

I can't tell you how much it means to me that so many of my friends have told me how proud they are of me for making a stand for myself. I guess I could have stayed in a relationship that was slowly making me miserable and fill up with self-doubt, but thankfully I have way too much pride for that.

It is really hard to see another of my friends struggling to make the break from a bad relationship. It has been dragging on for 4 years and now across the country. While I can't say I am not going to slip and contact John, but I am going to try my hardest not to. I wish that my friend would be able to do the same and stay away from her bad situation. She gets really close but always lets herself get sucked back in. Here is hoping her head will win out over her heart soon. Easier said than done - and if you are reading this - know you are loved!

Have a great hump day friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment