Friday, August 19, 2011

It's a New Day, but it still hurts...

So I finally did it, I think I might have known how Custer felt...

Last night I decided that I was going to be disappointed for the last time. All of his selfishness is no longer my problem. How did I allow myself to look past all of the bad things about this man? Why did I allow myself to think I was in love with someone who clearly isn't the right fit for me?

Doesn't mean that it hurts any less today though.

It was nice to wake up and know that something was gone from my life that had been making me miserable more than it was being enjoyable. That said, when it was enjoyable, it was damn enjoyable.

Now I know I just need to move forward and I can't allow myself to go backwards again. I didn't realize how much of my self respect I would gain back by uttering these 2 simple words: Get Out.

I even deleted our Streak for the Cash group. Next up is the phone number and the texts, eventually the email. I gave him back everything that he ever gave to me, no sense in having it around the house to remind me.

Fingers crossed I meet a good man that realizes what he has in front of him.

No comments:

Post a Comment