Monday, July 11, 2011

This weekend...

So I had a bit of an emotional weekend. It all started out with my annual review at the office. Let's just say that I felt extremely blindsided by one of the areas I was rated - also, my raise wasn't as much as I was hoping for and it was all around disappointment. After many tears (yep, John loved that) on Friday and Saturday - I resolved to put it behind me and decide what my next move would be.

That said, as usual, I had a fantastic time with John at the whiskey tasting. He was totally inattentive and actually said these words to me 'I am sorry that I am so selfish and I enjoy my alone time - you know this has nothing to do with you. The reason I am here with you tonight is because I enjoy your company so much.' Ugh. We did have some good conversation and there was hand holding, morning omelet making and even a couple texts checking in on me and the status of my feelings about the review. I gotta wash this man out of my hair but I seem incapable of doing it.

Sigh.

It makes it difficult when you know that the other person has feelings for you. I even mentioned that I was probably going to stop the physical stuff and he made a pouty face. Really? Man up a little bit dude. I don't need to be entertained and I sure as hell love my own alone time. You are missing out loser.

So anyway, still going to go out and try to meet some new peeps. Gotta get over this hump!

Other than the ridiculous decisions I make regarding John. I had a pretty decent weekend. I went to my first ever children's bday party at the Chuck E Cheese. I actually had a fantastic time. It was wonderful to be able to celebrate my friend Melaney and her adopted daughter that she is hosting until the adoption goes through. Not to mention seeing my old High School ladies and all of the compliments they showered on me about my weight loss.

Sunday I slept in and then headed to the pool when I got some sun and read almost an entire book. I love lazy days at the pool!

Now I am just getting ready to put a close to my Monday and hit the gym. The best part is a new LA Fitness location opened and I pass it to and from work! Whoop!!!

xoxo!

No comments:

Post a Comment